Demographics Served

MY CURRENT ROLE... allows me to teach art to multiple demographics. On a monthly basis I work with senior citizens through the local nursing home/extend care facilities and the VA Hospital. On a monthly basis I also work with children who have developmental behaviors. During the school year I work with rural school students, local adult students and the local after school program. In the summers I work with the local kids during the summer art program. The Art Centers website is: www.ccac.milescity.org


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Watercolor at the Villa


































I was at the Friendship Villa nursing home this afternoon. We worked on our sketching and watercolor skills today. I was reading up on Cezanne and how he really tried to draw through the subjects. Being that if there was multiple pieces of fruit, he would draw the ones in front and in back in full. That would be a sketch. As he went into the color/value portion of his composition he would bring certain objects forward and push others back.
Using shoes stacked on top of one another, I tried to get the residents to draw the geometric shapes of the shoes and to draw through the shoes to the other shoes.

No comments: